Sunday, February 27, 2011

2/16/2011 Reunited and it feels sooo good!!

Yes! Finally I am reconnected to the world.  After about two weeks of movies and my iPod being on heavy rotation I finally have access to the internet and cable.  I can finally begin to indulge in my guilty pleasures such as Basketball Wives. Kim & Kourtney take New York, House Hunters, and few other shows sprinkled here and there.  When was the last time you went without TV for days in a row?  You should try it, it gives you time to sit and think...think with uninterrupted thoughts...I reflected on how I got here, where I am going, how I will get there. 

I was given time to read...I read books I haven't seen since high school.  I thumbed through yearbooks, oh the good times :)  I spent more time playing with my dogs, breaking in new toys.  We explored the neighborhood, adding on a block each time we walk...How wonderful and precious time is, yet we spend it in front of TV or on Facebook looking at friend's pages...Am I shunning the boob tube or Crackbook? Of course not I would be a hypocrite to do that, currently watching (E! news) but what I will say is when you get home instead of going into your normal routine of turning on the TV & taking in all the "reality" shows pause for a second.  Sit down and have a conversation with yourself about your life and the path you are on.

I hate to get all DEEP, but in my own experience I have found that sometimes we become consumed by the day to day grind, we often forget to reflect on how we have gotten there.  Enjoy your thoughts, God, family, and friends.  I firmly believe that in order to get the most authentic message you must receive it when you are uninterrupted, how will that ever happen with the TV on or Mediatakeout scrolling on the screen? 

It's all about balance and I feel more balanced, now I will turn the TV off and read a little before bed..

xoxo

Vykky

No comments:

Post a Comment