Friday, March 11, 2011

Free for All Friday #1

Happy Friday everyone!!  This is my first edition of “Free For all Friday.”  On Fridays I will discuss any and everything, from fashion to world news.  Please feel free to comment or suggest other things to discuss. 
I have made great plans this weekend including an appearance at the St. Patrick’s Day parade in downtown York.  York Revolution will be busy this Saturday with the opening of ticket sales for regular season games as well as the all-star game so get your tickets tomorrowJ!!   
I will also be making a quick trip to DC to attend a going away dinner for my sorority sister…
Free on Sports
Okay, my first free for all thought has to go to the Carolina Tar Heels.  Although I wasn’t able to watch the entire game, I did catch the last ten minutes and I think those ten minutes were the most important.  When I tuned in the score was 53-37 Miami.  I will admit I was shocked.  I was convinced that my streaming was so bad that somehow the score was introverted…blame that on fluorescent lighting lol…from the tweets, blogs, and ESPN/AP reports it appears that Carolina didn’t really show up to play.  I think when Roy, yep we are on first name basis lol, looked up and saw they had less than 10 minutes to score at least 16 points, he got serious and laid into the team.  The basketball God’s showed favor to my heels today, because honestly they weren’t supposed to win that game.  I hope they realize how close they were to being put out of the tournament…a gift we DON’T need to give to Duke!
I know I just said I wouldn’t talk about the lockout—and I am not, but I will just say “No Deal.”  Moving right along…
This weekend I will be watching the following games…
  • LA Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks 3/12 @ 9pm
  • Milwaukee Bucks vs Boston Celtics 3/13 @ 6:00pm
Free on Films
Next, the movies released today left me a little underwhelmed.  Battle: LA & Red Riding Hood…although they seem interesting I doubt I will go sprinting to the theater.  That reminds me, I need to find a $1 movie theater around here! 
Free on TV
So, what is everyone’s thoughts on the new show Love & Hip Hop…I am a little afraid to say anything bad about it, I don’t want Jimmy to come and punk me & make me apologize to him on camera *insert eye roll*.  It seems like it will be ok to watch, especially if it is placed in between two shows I love.  It is too new for me to comment on too much, but I believe that I will be giving it more reviews in the weeks to come.
**GUILTY PLEASURE ALERT**  
Basketball Wives reunion show will be airing Sunday March 13 @ 8pm!  Please believe I will be LOCKED IN…this show gave me everything & more.  If I had to choose a favorite of the season it would probably be Jennifer…I have always been #TeamJen and she didn’t disappoint this season.  I am on the fence with Evelyn.  I loved her dating & falling for Ochocinco, but then that messy drama side would peak its ugly head out and I would be turned off.  The one person I can’t take at all is Tami.  She was like the black cloud at every single event.  From being “that drunk girl” to being the “stereotypical black woman” every time she came on camera I cringed with anticipation to what she was going to say.  Now in her defense I know that producers will edit things to make a show more sensational, but I can’t give them that much credit!  Shaunie is a producer…moving on, Royce needs to retire this season.  Royce isn’t a wife, ex-wife, or girlfriend and now that she is dating an “artist” (quotations indicate the looseness of that term lol) she really doesn’t fit.  For the most part these women are pretty fabulous and Royce well…as a good friend said “She shops at Claire’s.”  Should I mention Gloria & Suzie (discussing with my agents) No…oh okay..
Free on Fashion
My free Friday pick for fashion is the new 2011 line for pro-keds

They are dope, effortless, they have character and identity.  Take a closer look at their lookbook www.prokeds.com
Free on World Matters
As all of you know a terrible Tsunami hit Japan yesterday.  Please keep these people in your prayers.  If you have not donated yet, please text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10.00.
This is all for now…please stay tuned for my Weekend Edition
Ciao
Vykky

No comments:

Post a Comment