Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday Mixdown #1

Okay, today is Mixdown Monday!  I just want to do a quick overview of things that are happening this week.
Mixing in Sports
NCAA has a few games sprinkled here and there over the next few days.  The games really kick off on Thursday.  While we wait the NBA is doing an EXCELLENT job keeping us entertained.  Please see my results or predictions below (Prior to you scanning down understand that I have no favorite in the NBA):
·         Nets beat Celtics
·         Oklahoma stomped all over the Washington Wizards.
·         I predict the Nuggets to win against the Hornets
·         I am pulling for Miami to beat the Spurs
·         Grizzlies over Clippers
·         I think a close game will happen between the Rockets & the Suns
·         I think the Warriors will probably beat the Kings, but I think this game will be a little underwhelming.
·         My money is for the Lakers to beat the Magic even with Kobe out.
·         I am pulling for the underdogs, 76ers vs. the Utah Jazz.

Mixing in TV
Wedding Wars
I love LOVE LOVE this show…there isn’t anything really ground-breaking about it, but mixing competitive people, couples, and no way to bath yourself, it will definitely make for good drama and even better TV.  I am certain this show will make my future Hump day Highlights.
Beverly Hills Fabulous
This show gets *two snaps & a sha-bam*I love hair shows and this one will fit nicely into my repertoire of beauty shows.  This was just the pilot so hopefully the ratings are good enough for Vh1 to pick it up.
Basketball Wives Reunion
Ok, since I have gotten such an excellent response for my coverage of the Basketball Wives Reunion show I hope I do not disappoint tonight.  Okay, now I think the girls were all pretty mean to Ashley…especially while she wore extremely dope shoes.  She seems a little quiet and shy so she will fit nicely into Royce’s place; at least she dresses A LOT better. 
I would like to give *two snaps* to Evelyn & Tami for both handling Suzie very maturely.  This is why I am not COMPLETELY over Evelyn because she has that sweet side.  Evelyn is like that sweet and sour patch candy commercial…lol
So Gloria…yes to the CUT of the dress, I am not completely sold on the pattern but the style and cut were perfect.  Gloria looks like she lost about 10lbs too!  I guess everyone got on their slim down plan for the reunion show.  Gloria’s dress photographs A LOT better than it showed on the actual reunion, go to www.vh1.com.
Again I will say Vh1 we’re BRILLIANT for booking John Salley as the host, he kept it real and checked the ladies throughout the night.
Ok Royce…I don’t know where to start.  She just seems so angry and watching her over the past two episodes has been so painful.  You know those type of people who don’t have the personality to be rude and attitudinal (like me awwww) well I believe Royce is the same.  She was such a sweet girl in the beginning.  I put her in the “aww, sweet little country bumpkin girl who doesn’t know much about fashion” box.  How do you go from bright-eyed sweet girl to saying “until you can kick your leg up to your ear you can’t see me” insinuating that she is better in bed than Evelyn…it’s just not a good look and not her role.  If Evelyn said it or even Tami I wouldn’t have thought much about it, but Royce saying it is almost like she is trying to recreate her image on the show.
What was Suzie wearing??  It was almost like she came to support Royce & Gloria on the show and then Vh1 said on no Suzie you are on too!  You know it is pretty sad how weak Suzie is.  It bothers me that much more because she is a mother of two.  It’s dangerous to be so weak and impressionable as an adult, let alone as a role model for children.  My hope is that Suzie gets a backbone and realizes that everyone won’t be her friend and she needs to focus on living life for her kids and herself.
All in all I was very happy with the reunion show and I am waiting IMPATIENTLY for season three to start.
Mixing in Fashion
I need to confess family.  I have been cheating on MAC.  *hangs head…I know…I know* But I have really fallen in love with Maybelline’s dream matte mousse. 

Although, I am an advocate of wearing a fresh face with gloss, mascara, and a little bronzer, I will admit that sometimes I want to have an even more polished look.  So I have been using this product for about two weeks.  The application is so even and it is extremely light—so for those friends who ALWAYS call me for foundation/powder advice please consider this.  I think it is user friendly, inexpensive, and it LASTS!! 
Don’t worry—You’re Welcome! J
Ciao
Vykky

No comments:

Post a Comment