Friday, March 25, 2011

Free for All Friday #3

Free for all Friday
Happy Friday everyone!  I hope this week has been successful and you have major plans for the weekend.  I have some pretty interesting things to share this Free Friday so enjoy…

Free on Fashion

American Apparel exec sued for Sexual harassment: Didn’t we all see this coming?
CEO Dov Charney is being accused of keeping a former employee as a sex slave.  I am not going into the details of the case, because I am not a reporter, lol but if you want the story click this link http://reut.rs/i7VDP5.  Although I have surfed American Apparel’s site for different pieces, I could never bring myself to pull the trigger because I feel like for the most part the items are overpriced.  Thus, it may explain why the company is struggling now.  Furthermore, on this site you will find a lot of the pictures to be compared to very soft erotic shots.  I have seen plenty of the models with shirts soo sheer that you don’t have to squint to see their “lady parts.”  I am not saying he is guilty of the crime, but when I initially heard about it I wasn’t as shocked as I would have been had I heard Oprah kept someone as  sex slave….wait isn’t that Stedman?? I kid I kid..LOVE YOU OPRAH!  Seriously though, I think as the leader of the company, any company, you have to be very careful of protecting your brand.   

Free on World Matters

NATO has decided to assume command of the Libya mission.  The transition from US to NATO could happen as early as Sunday.  Moreover, they are currently considering going beyond enforcing a no-fly zone.  The protection of Libyan citizens is still up for debate.  As a people we must continue to pray for Libya, Japan, our troops and pray for ourselves.  We are truly blessed to have a government established that protects our country and keeps combat off American soil.  As always if you are interested in figuring out how you can help, just Google the effort you are interested in helping, and stick to legit well-known sites that look familiar.  Every little bit helps!

Free on Sports

DUKE LOSES!!!  Yes….Arizona BEAT DUKE!!!!!! But I have even better news….CAROLINA WINSSSS!!!!!! Carolina pretty much washed the floor with Marquette.  Carolina played a very solid game tonight, keeping Marquette shooting around 20%.  I am proud of my heels!! Let’s keep it up fellas!

Free on dining

As I embark on this new stage in my life I try to keep my experiences new and fresh.  This newness and freshness carries over to my dining experience as well.  This weekend I will be trying this asparagus recipe!  I am always excited to find new ways to cook asparagus.  Please see the link below and tell me how it worked out for you…
I must MUST go see Limitless as soon as possible.  In the first week it brought in 19 million.  The previews remind me of The Social Network  and having Kanye’s song “Power” as a theme song doesn’t help.  It looks action packed and I like those types of movies. 
Well that is all I have for now, I hope you all have a great weekend.  My Weekend Edition will probably be posted on Sunday.  Stay fashionable, positive, and hungry!!  Everyone won’t be successful…but you could be….
Just a little food for thought…
CIAO…Vykky

No comments:

Post a Comment