Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hump Day Highlights #2

Happy Hump Day folks!  I have some great highlights for you tonight!
Let’s run it down…
NFL
I guess Chad Ochocinco said he has a wedding to pay for so he needs to keep bringing in the money.  This lockout is throwing a cramp into his cash flow, so he got creative.  Ochocinco is going to pursue his childhood dream…to play soccer.  Yes, Ochocinco will be participating in a four day try out for the MLS team Sporting Kansas City.  This could get interesting quick.  As athletic as Ochocinco is I wouldn’t doubt for a second that he makes the team.  Now I won’t go as far to say that he will be the next David Beckham, definitely not eye candy quality, but making the team would be impressive enough…
NBA
Uncle who?  Grant Hill responds to Jalen Rose’s claims of him being an Uncle Tom and for considering him “less black” because he came from a good family.  I think Grant Hill’s letter was eloquent and appropriate.  I am not trying to play devil’s advocate, but I think that Jalen Rose was speaking from a time when all these things were happening, when he was a 20something year old kid.  I think sometimes we get too sensitive and not consider all the factors; we just attack the inappropriate comment and run crazy with it.  I don’t think Jalen said any of those things out of malice; it was just the situation he was in.  *My two cents*
MLB
Is he “Werth” his weight in gold?  Well the Washington Nationals seem to believe so.  Jayson Werth, formerly with the Philadelphia Phillies, just inked a deal bringing him $126 million over a 7 year period.  Although he is a little older some think his experience will catapult him into the leadership role and take the Washington Nationals to competitive level.  While most are skeptical that they will have a turnaround season this season, analyst are comfortable saying that in a year or two Werth could be leading the Nationals to a successful season.  We must stay tuned…
NASCAR
Bristol just isn’t the same.  No, not palin, the motor speedway in Bristol, TN.  Racers and fans alike have mixed responses about the 2011 host site of the Jeff Byrd 500.  The motor speedway got a face lift and drivers think that it is a smoother ride.  Since the re-pavement collisions are down.  Fans and drivers both think that it is probably safer that way, but they miss the drive of the old Bristol.  The track use to be tougher to drive on.  It will still be an experience for fans, because at the end of the day it still Bristol, however those dedicated fans may feel that twinge of nostalgia for their old track.
NCAA-Basketball
It’s BRACKET TIME baby!!! I am putting my bracket against President Obama’s and I am hoping mine will prevail! 
Its shoe time….
I decided to compare two caged style inspired shoes.
The first shoe is the save shoe, by my favorite shoe designer Jessica Simpson. 
This shoe is called the Katerina.  I am showing it in an Ash Grey, but it is also sold in a black.  I love the construction of the shoe, but I feel like it is only fair for me to warn those Shoenistas with pudgy feet to stay FAR AWAY from a caged style shoe.  You don’t want your feet to look like sealed sausages now do you??  Great!  Other than that, I could see this shoe just about anywhere, unless you work in a very conservative office, in that case you may want to leave them in your car for happy hour.  This shoe retails at $98, but I found it on Zappos (www.zappos.com) for $78.40.

The second shoe is the splurge shoe. 

The second shoe is the splurge shoe.  Jimmy Choo's Glenys Cage Platform sandal is very classy, with a little edge thanks to the exposed zipper.  I think this shoe will go over easier in an ultra-conservative office in comparison to the Katerina by Jessica Simpson.  This shoe retails for $995 and if you are completely sold on the nude color you will ONLY be able to get it from Saks Fifth Avenue's website (http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/).     
I hope you enjoyed my Hump Day Highlights…see you back for Free for all Friday!
Xoxo
Vykky

1 comment: