Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Weekend Edition #1

Weekend in Sports
I have decided to include a “weekend edition” in my series of blog posts.  I think I may do it on Sunday, but I may post on a Saturday as well so you just have to stay locked in!
 Oh what a weekend folks!  March Madness is in full swing, my bracket is complete and I am in a semi-depressed state that UNC did not take the ACC championship and #1 spot.  This Saturday York City hosted their annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade.  I had the responsibility of handing out pocket schedules in the parade to attendees.  The parade was so fun!  I met a lot of people from the community and took some cool pictures. 
This is DownTown, York Revolution Baseball Team’s mascot; I think he got a little sleepy while waiting for the parade to start.  Before the parade started York Revolution opened the doors for fans to meet and greet with returning players, to purchase season tickets and to buy the all-star game tickets.  The first 200 fans to buy All-Star tickets got a cool shirt.
By 6:30am devoted fans were already at the stadium waiting for their chance to score great seats at the All-Star game.  Saturday evening I spent in DC with a few of my line sisters and friends to celebrate one of my line sisters moving to New Orleans for an awesome job opportunity.  It is so great to come together with so many successful and positive people, I feel blessed to have the opportunity to call these people my friends. 
Weekend in TV
Ok, Spoiler Alert if you didn’t watch Basketball Wives Reunion show earlier today.
Tami LOOKED FAB!! She definitely lost weight, she got some nice curly pieces, and whoever was on the set really beat her face (this means did her make-up well for new readers’ lol.)  I thought Royce & Shaunie also looked really cute.  My girls who usually give me life, sort of left me underwhelmed.  Evelyn looked like she got the Snooki special with the spray tan, she also lost weight and her hair looked a little disheveled.  Now Jen, who is my FAVORITE, was a complete miss, besides her beautiful face.  I hated the dress, the material looked so itchy.  Her hair was very off; it was like she couldn’t decide if she wanted to do her normal bump under or a head full of curls. 
Now, I think that Vh1 was really smart getting John Salley to host the reunion, his chemistry is working very well with the group and he is quicker on his feet than past hosts’.  Now Royce…I really considered naming this section “Royce found her Voice.”  I don’t know what type of red bull she drank prior to taping, but she definitely got wings.  She was no holds bar on the first part of the reunion and it doesn’t look like she will let up on the second part.  Could it be because she is allegedly not invited back to tape a third season?  I say good riddance to Royce and hello to Chris Bosh’s fiancé (fingers crossed.) 
How did Eric Williams’s message to Jen make you feel?  I felt very awkward, at certain times I felt he was really sincere, but then other times he seemed a little arrogant and spiteful.  Outside of all of the aforementioned feelings, the resounding emotion I felt was pain; pain to hear how poorly he spoke.  It is an unfortunate common trend amongst professional athletes.  ***INSERTING PERSONAL PLUG*** If you need press releases or speeches written or need assistance with public speaking I am your freelance girl!
I am looking forward to the second part of the reunion show tomorrow.  I can’t wait to see Suzie & Gloria’s interaction with the other girls.  The teasers got me pretty excited for Gloria, that dress looks AMAZING!!
Okay, weekend is over, back to my journey of being a Rock Star sales girl!
CIAO
-Vykky   

No comments:

Post a Comment