Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hump Day Highlights #4

NBA
A win for the Cavs…is sweet but beating LeBron and the Heat is soo much sweeter.  The Cavs beat the Heat 120-97 last night.  The disdain that Cleveland fans have for LeBron did not dissipate at all.  I believe it will be a long time coming before they let him enter the arena and do not greet him with a resounding Boo!  Does this negative greeting affect LeBron?  Well when you look at his numbers it definitely doesn’t look like it.  LeBron had a triple-double night last night after the game LeBron had nothing, but great things to say about the Cavs and their level of play.   
This could be the beginning of a Knicks vs. Jordan era!  Go back down memory lane with me to the late 90s.  Do you remember when Jordan played the Knicks in Madison Square Garden?  Do you remember the tension…you could cut it with a knife.  It seems that whenever Jordan played the Knicks he had to have the best game of his life.  To this day if you Google “Knicks hated Jordan” or “Jordan vs. Knicks” you will get blogs and countless web page comments with dedicated Knicks fan expressing their disparagement for Michael Jordan.  LeBron is definitely on the same path…this isn’t the first time LeBron is compared to Jordan and it certainly won’t be the last.  This is just one more parallel to add to the list of similarities. 
MLB
Opening day is tomorrow for the MLB.  Although baseball isn’t my favorite sport I will say I enjoy attending a game for the entire experience.  I am definitely going to get my serving of games this year as an intern for York Revolution baseball team.  Our opening day is less than a month away and I am really excited to see how they differ from my beloved Durham Bulls!
NCAA
It’s final four time!  For the most part America did not see the line-up coming.  See below for the game schedule.
·         VCU vs. Butler @ 6:09pm
·         UConn vs. Kentucky @ 8:49pm
My prediction is Butler and UConn will meet at the championship game, with Butler winning the championship game.

Shoe Timeee!! 
Okay, now I have found two embellished shoes. 
The save shoe is by Not too Coy.  It was originally $130 (which I personally feel like is TOO expensive for the shoe) but now it is “on sale” for $84.50.  It looks pretty cool for hanging out in the club…etc, but I definitely don’t see it in the summer time with that plastic piece on the side.  Honestly I probably wouldn’t spend over $40 for this shoe, so we will need to wait on this shoe to go on clearance.


Now I am super excited about the splurge shoe. 
This Stella McCartney heel is a true beauty and I am in love with the simplicity yet iconic style of the shoe.  Now this baby retails for $795, however if I had it…I would add it to my collection.  I think that a shoe like this won’t go out of style.  You can’t wear it every day so it will have a long life.  It’s that shoe you throw on when you want to feel extra sexy or want to dress up an otherwise dull outfit.   Enjoy!


I hope this was a great finale to your HUMP day…see you on Free for all Friday
CIAO
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment