Monday, March 21, 2011

Mixdown Monday

Happy Monday…more like sleepy Monday for me.  Let me first apologize for not having a Weekend Edition; however I have went to back to North Carolina for the weekend.  The weather was BEAUTIFUL too.  I didn’t need a jacket, I really didn’t need shoes, but they are required in the majority of stores thereJ.  I am ready to mix things down…
Mixing in Sports
Dear NCAA basketball I have a personal request for the 2012 tournament.  Please institute a cap on upsets and Cinderella stories.  This tournament is filled with them and unfortunately my bracket is filled with an ugly pink/red color. 
The NFL may be on a lockout, but that doesn’t stop the show.  With Tennessee Titans cornerback Courtland Finnegan at the helm he has taken it upon himself to initiate offseason workouts.  He expects approximately 20 Titans to workout at a local high school once offseason trips subside. 

Mixing in TV
Wedding Wars…the next vote is for Frankie & Sophia…this episode was your typical “lets plot and form an alliance”…it was a little subpar but I am looking forward to next week.  They are eating wedding cake mixed in with dog food…lots of puking yay! lol
Beverly Hills Fabulous
My hairstylist is COMPLETELY against this show, she told me that it was scripted and as far from reality TV as possible.  After watching a second episode of it, I can definitely see what she means.  I mean they all have little cameo breakdowns.  Sean is just too much, however he is probably the reason the show was picked up because he makes for good TV.  They did have a feel good moment with the young boy coming in to get his mom a makeover with only $75.  Now, at your normal hair salon this could go a long way, but at Elgin Charles a blow dry and style range from $55-$125 so they definitely did some charity.
Rip the Runway
BET is presenting their latest installment of Rip the Runway.  Since its inception Rip the Runway has grown leaps and bounds from production to sponsors.  One thing that I am extremely excited about is their dedication to show the audience what brand of shoe is being worn on the models.  This leads me to my shoe designer of the show, it’s a tie between Zigi Shoes & Walter Steiger.  I believe the majority of women on twitter will agree with me.  I was introduced to Walter Steiger a while ago, so I googled Zigi shoes to brush up on my shoe game, my screen was imploded with different fashionistas tweeting about how much they are loving those shoes.  I think enough people are googling that shoe that it crashed the website (www.ziginy.com).  Walter Steiger is also a VERY sexy shoe, although I have seen some tweets suggesting “swagger jacking” of the Late Great McQueen.  If you missed the show it will be back on Thursday from 8-9pm. 
****Teaserrrrr**** Audrina from The Hills has a new show premiering on April 17th...stay tuned for deets!
I am looking forward to this week…it will be VERY busy for your favorite Sportsanista (yep self-title) but I like being busy!
Ciao
xoxo

1 comment: