Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hump Day Highlights #1

Good Evening Fam!! I decided to create a little more organization for my blog so from now on I will be blogging on certain days with specific themes.  This theme is Hump Day highlights...I will highlight major things happening in the sports world & I will feature a save & splurge shoe!

Lets run it down...

  • MLB
Do you know who I am?  That is the question that the Detroit Tigers' first baseman Miguel Cabrera posed to Florida Police officers on Feb 16 after being pulled for suspicion of drunk driving.  Also included in that night was an altercation with a bar owner and he allegedly delivered death threats to the people inside the bar.  Why is it that celebrities, athletes, and other wealthy/famous people pull the "do you know who I am" card?  I am not judging Miguel or any other person that has used this line, but it makes me wonder do they not think this line will come back to bite them in the butt!  Miguel apologized for his actions and is currently being chaperoned...I mean he now has a companion,  former Major League outfielder Raul Gonzalez as a part of his rehabilitation.  I hope he shows up this season on the baseball field asks his opponents "Do you know who I am" and they have a reason to say yea...

  • NFL
Lockout debates continue....I will weigh in once and only once on this issue (ok I may be lying lol) I think rookies need to earn their wages, give more to the vets and cancel the idea of two more games...and I'm done!

  • NCAA Basketball
Ok, this is definitely a highlight of my week...Carolina Tar Heels beat Duke 81-67 on Saturday.  Yes I am partial being a Die Hard Tar Heel girl, but more importantly, Carolina kept Duke shooting well under 50%.  I am so proud of my heels...is pre ordering a championship shirt too presumptuous of me?

On to shoes...

Spring is right around the corner and I thought it would be cool to feature shoes that will take you from spring through the summer in my first edition of "save and splurge"

The Save Shoe of the day is the Terri sold at Bakers under the H by Halston line for $90.

 I love this shoe because it is transitional, it is work and evening appropriate and it has that gold plating in the front that just melts my heart.  Although the shoe is on the higher end of a budgetnista's budget I think this would be a nice welcome spring purchase...

The splurge shoe is by Christian Louboutin, it is the Fishnet Bow slingback, it retails at $835


I love the idea of this shoe because it so feminine and sexy.  I could see this shoe with a flowy sundress or some distressed cut off shorts and a tee.  Although I haven't had the luxury of trying these beauties on, I am VERY familiar with that neutral cork bottom and it is EXTREMELY comfortable.  When you can find a shoe that is precious like this that won't hurt your feet I say your #Winning (Thanks Charlie)

Well that is all for my highlights...stay tuned for Free for all Fridays...xoxo

Ciao

-Vykky

No comments:

Post a Comment